As a sport parent, I therefore agree:
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
3. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game or practice.
4. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting or using profane language or gestures.
5. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
6. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect.
7. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his or her performance.
8. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard and make my child feel like a winner every time.
9. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
10. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
11. I will do my best to get my child to every practice and game, and will notify the coach if my child will be absent.
12. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
13. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
14. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
As a player, I therefore agree:
1. I will treat my teammates, coaches, officials and fans with respect.
2. I will not use foul or abusive language.
3. I will not taunt or make any foul gestures during a game to an official or other player.
4. I will hustle whenever I can.
5. I will do my best to listen and learn from my coaches.
6. I will not argue with an umpire's or coach's decision.
7. I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify my coach if I cannot.
8. I will be a good friend to my teammates.
9. I will cheer for my teammates.
10. I will expect to receive a fair opportunity to participate.
11. I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert my parents and coaches if it stops being fun.
12. I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it is important to me.
13. I will remember that it is only a game but always give it my all.
14. I will remember that youth sports is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
15. I will take responsibility for my behaviour.
KV Softball © 2012